Sugar Cookies RecipeWritten by Jennifer Cascone
- 1 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup - firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup - granulated sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 2 tbs - milk
- 2 tsp - vanilla extract
- 4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp - baking powder
- 1 tsp - salt
- Beat butter and sugars together in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate dough 3-4 hours until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool. Decorate as desired.